Recently, I had guests over and made these scrumptious bhajas to add as a savoury element to the tea table.
They’re really quick to prepare (provided you have pea flour and all the other ingredients in stock – which, thankfully, I did).
It’s a great savoury for Ramadaan. They’re similar to daltjies (different cake flour to pea flour ratios), but rather than deep fry them as one does with daltjies, I shallow fried them.
Write a review
- 1 cup pea flour
- 1 tbsp cake flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium potato
- 3 ground up green chillies (use red if that's what you have or more or fewer)
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Fresh spinach, chopped
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add vegetables and then stir in enough water to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a flat frying pan.
- Drop spoonfuls into the hot oil and turn over to fry the other side once golden.
From My Fingertips https://www.frommyfingertips.com/