I recently on a Kellog’s competition which means I find myself with an abundance of cornflakes.
Over the weekend I made these yummy lemon and date cornflake recipes. I adapted an old recipe I had and added lemon and dates to it instead of the sultanas it asked for.
This recipe is really super easy and something you can make with your kids. They’d have a blast rolling the cookie dough and dropping it into crushed cornflakes. It’s pretty flop-free too. I doubt it can go wrong.
This is all you’ll need. Just six ingredients (seven if you count the lemon zest).
Once all your ingredients (except the cornflakes are combined), take spoonfuls and roll into balls, which you then roll around in crushed cornflakes.
When they bake they’ll flatten slightly. See the recipe below.
- 125g butter
- 85ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 170ml dates, chopped
- Zest of half lemon
- 250ml Self-raising flour
- 500ml crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 170.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Fold in flour, dates and lemon zest and mix until you get a cookie consistency.
- Roll spoonfuls of the dough into the crushed cornflakes.
- Place balls onto a greased baking sheet (leave some room for spreading - I put 12 on a sheet).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.