What’s not to love about Mexican food? It has some of my favourite things: chillis, coriander, avocados – to name a few.
Recently, I bought some mini tortilla wraps and made these tiny tacos. They’re not enough for a full meal for an adult but they do make a great appetiser and they’re awesome to add to a savoury platter.
They’re also super easy to make. All you need is a mini muffin pan, mini tortilla wraps, chicken (or steak or any other) filling, grated cheese, avo salsa and sour cream. Oh and some toothpicks to hold them all in shape while they bake.
Turn your mini muffin tray upside down. Place tortillas in between the spaces (as seen below). Fill with chicken, top with grated cheese and bake until the wrap because a bit crisp and can hold the shape without the toothpick.
Thereafter top with salsa and sour cream and they’re read to serve.
- 15 mini tortilla wraps
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- Half and onion
- Half a green pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons tikka masala paste
- 1 cup grated cheese
- For the avocado salsa
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1 jalepeno (remove seeds if you don't like it too hot)
- Half a red onion
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sour cream to top
- Marinate chicken cubes in yogurt, tikka spice, salt.
- Braise onion and pepper in pan before adding marinated chicken.
- Cook until chicken is tender.
- Dice all ingredients and mix together. Add salt and lemon.
- Place mini tortillas in between the spaces on a turned over mini muffin tray.
- Fill with spicy chicken and top with cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven until tortillas toast slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a bit.
- Top with avocado salsa and a dollop of sour cream.